IPRS 48th AGM
The 48th IPRS Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held at PSB Academy. It was called to order by IPRS Honorary Secretary, Gerald De Cotta.
IPRS President, Robert Conceicao, delivered the President’s Report 2017 and highlighted the following:
- To redefine Public Relations (PR) and communication so as to encompass the expanding diversity in the commmunication field;
- To broaden the Institute’s membership base through alliances and partnerships with professional bodies and associations from the communication and media fields;
- To strengthen the Institute’s outreach to PR and communication consultancies;
- To promote greater engagement with relevant Singapore government agencies;
- To upgrade professional standards and training in PR and communications;
- To nurture the next generation of PR and communication professionals.
IPRS Honorary Treasurer, Mr. Eric Chan, presented the Financial Report 2017. The Annual Report 2017 and Financial Report 2017 was adopted. A Q&A session followed through and focus on ‘Future Ready’ plans such as working with professionals, seeking for other related Societies’ collaborations with IPRS and mentorship programme for Student Chapters were discussed.
The 48th AGM ended with a certificate presentation to some of the participants who had completed the IPRS Professional Certificate in Public Relations and Mass Communication in 2017.
IPRS Council 2017/2019
From left to right: Robert Conceicao (President), Eric Chan (Hon. Treasurer), Lily Lim (Council Member), Gerald De Cotta (Hon. Secretary), Marcus Loh (Council Member), Susie Wee (Council Member), Mike Liew (Vice-President).
Robert delivering the President’s Report 2017 to the members.
The IPRS Exco addressing queries by the members.
IPRS Members looking through the Annual Report 2017.
Members networking during dinner.
Congratulations to the participants who had completed the Professional Certificate in Public Relations and Mass Communication!
The participants who were present at the IPRS 48th AGM were presented with their Professional Certificate in Public Relations and Mass Communication by IPRS President, Robert Conceicao. From left to right: Jaylyn Tey, Nan Yihan Megan, Soon Shearmaine and Chai Yee Yuen Lionel.
The article was contributed by Lalethaa D/O Karamjeet Singh, Programme Advisor, TMC Academy (left) and Liu Yidi Haven, President, TMC-IPRS Student Chapter (right).